Saturday, October 8, 2011
Price: $1.99 for iPad, $.99 for iPod
Grade Recommendation: PreK - 1st
Specific Skill: Measurement
For iPad, iPod, or Both: Both
This app was designed to cover very basic measurement skills.
It's comprised of 5 activities:
1. Crazy Clock - Students have to touch and rotate the minute hand of the clock (which automatically moves the hour hand) to show a time announced orally in a sentence. As an example, the app says "I play with my friends at 9 in the morning."
2. Scale Tale - Students choose which object is lighter.
3. Fill Me Up - Students drag and drop items (such as sand) into containers, then select which container holds more or less.
4. Long & Short - Students choose which object is longer or shorter.
5. Action Month - Students drag and drop the letters of each month onto their matching outline.
At this price point, the activities in this app are way too simple. I recommend locating a measurement app that also includes more difficult tasks.